Receipt from godfisk.no which is a part of the Norwegian Seafood Council - Photo by Norwegian Seafood Council
● Cut mackerel into strips.
● Mix flour, salt and pepper in a wide bowl.
● Whisk together egg whites with a little salt in a bowl.
● Have crushed crispbread in a third wide bowl.
● Turn the fish strips first in the flour mixture, then in the egg white, and finally in the crispbread.
● Fry the breaded fish strips in liquid margarine in a hot frying pan until golden brown, approx. 4 minutes on each side.
● Place the fried fish sticks on paper towels.
● Finely chop anchovies, capers and pickles, and mix well with mayonnaise and crème fraîche.
● Season with lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper.
Serve mackerel sticks with remoulade and lemon boats next to it.
- 1mackerel fillets, without skin and bones
- 1tablespoons wheat flour
- 25tsp salt
- 13tsp pepper
- 75egg whites
- 5dl crispbread, coarse
- margarine, liquid
- 25piece anchovy fillet
- 75tbsp capers
- 75tbsp pickles
- 5g mayonnaise
- 75tablespoons fresh cream
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- lemon boats