Receipt from godfisk.no which is a part of the Norwegian Seafood Council - Photo by Astrid Hals
- Turn the mackerel fillets into a mixture of whole wheat flour, salt and pepper.
- Fry them in oil until they are delicately brown and well done, approx. 2 minutes on each side.
- Stir together apple cider vinegar, chopped tomatoes, sugar, salt and pepper to sheet.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Place the mackerel fillets in a deep dish and pour the tomato broth over.
- Let the mackerel soak in the fridge until the next day.
Use tomato mackerel as a spread on bread or with freshly cooked potatoes and salad.
- 1pcs mackerel fillet
- 1tablespoons wheat flour together, fine
- 25tsp salt
- 25teaspoon pepper
- 5tbsp oil
- 13dl apple cider vinegar
- 5dl canned tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 13dl sugar
- 13tsp salt
- 06tsp pepper